About Rittenhouse Row
Rittenhouse Row was founded as an independent outgrowth of the Center City District in 1997. The 501c6 non-profit represents more than 200 businesses in the uptown area of Philadelphia. Our territory extends far beyond Walnut Street to include the entire business district running from City Hall to the Symphony House from The Four Seasons on the Parkway over to Penn Medicine at Rittenhouse and all the way up to the Schuylkill River.
Rittenhouse Row represents more than 200 member businesses including stores, restaurants, hotels, galleries, spa-salons and service businesses. We have three goals:
- Promoting the uptown area between the Avenue of the Arts and the river from The Parkway to South as Philadelphia’s premier destination for shopping, dining, style, culture and living.
- Protecting the destination to keep it as such
- Promoting our members to help them build their business
A dynamic board of directors, who reflect the diversity of our membership, governs Rittenhouse Row. Our members range from first time small business owners to expert entrepreneurs to corporate locations led by hands-on and proactive General Managers.
We plan a full annual calendar to provide exposure and enrichment for our members. Our activities include:
- Special events (like our Rittenhouse Row Spring Festival and Rittenhouse Row Fall Gathering)
- Membership development through monthly meetings and networking mixers
- Targeted marketing outreach
- Member to member communications
- Government affairs and individual troubleshooting
- Dissemination of information about major citywide promotional opportunities